Seems like whenever humor is involved number of entries drops drastically. But as usual we had a quora of 4 entries to choose 3 from. We should have discussed the idea of having lesser winners in case of lesser entries. But since we did not, going by existing rules, we shall have 3 winners. After the exercise let us discuss what to do when entries are less.
General Gyan about humor, I tricked Suresh into giving and saved myself the trouble. Not that I could have been able to give so much insights anyways. For the individual posts, we have given the feedback as comments on the post itself. More than any other genre, humor depends much more on personal tastes. So the judgement reflects a fair amount of personal taste as well. So especially in this exercise, the rankings should by no means be considered absolute.
The winner selected unanimously by the 3 judges is Jayashree Srivastan. All of us really liked that story. I liked how she had taken the unknown soldier's point of view and narrated. That is my personal favorite kind of humor wherein a person is not trying to be funny, but he is in placed in such a situation where his view of things appears funny to the reader.
The second prize by majority voting goes to Leo. It was a great attempt - trying to bring multiple points of view. It is indeed an arduous task bringing so many voices, that too in such a short piece, make them all sound like different people and to top it all make them all humorous. Can't say he was entirely successful but even a reasonably good job with such a high ask is great stuff.
The final winner is Rajrupa Gupta. It was possibly the funniest one. But I personally have seen too many people attempting Ramayana, Mahabharata etc. in modern style narrative on blogs. And as some of you may have been already aware, I am a novelty seeker. So this type of modern narrative did not hold much attraction to me. But from Suresh's post, it is evident that this is also one of the popular humor styles. I called this style slapstick while Suresh has called Jayashree's post slap stick. I possibly need to properly look up the definition of slap stick. None of the other judges also rated this one as the top most entry possibly because in terms of effort this is the easiest.
Last but not the least, Seema Gopalan missed out closely. By no means is she the last. The third person narrative is again an excellent humor style in my opinion. And I could see flashes of brilliance. But I feel she lost out by mixing up humor in narrative and humor in dialogue.
So that concludes the seventh episode of Indifiction Workshop and it is up to the three new judges to keep the workshop afloat for the eight edition. Taking your leave,
Yours Truly
The Fool
General Gyan about humor, I tricked Suresh into giving and saved myself the trouble. Not that I could have been able to give so much insights anyways. For the individual posts, we have given the feedback as comments on the post itself. More than any other genre, humor depends much more on personal tastes. So the judgement reflects a fair amount of personal taste as well. So especially in this exercise, the rankings should by no means be considered absolute.
The winner selected unanimously by the 3 judges is Jayashree Srivastan. All of us really liked that story. I liked how she had taken the unknown soldier's point of view and narrated. That is my personal favorite kind of humor wherein a person is not trying to be funny, but he is in placed in such a situation where his view of things appears funny to the reader.
The second prize by majority voting goes to Leo. It was a great attempt - trying to bring multiple points of view. It is indeed an arduous task bringing so many voices, that too in such a short piece, make them all sound like different people and to top it all make them all humorous. Can't say he was entirely successful but even a reasonably good job with such a high ask is great stuff.
The final winner is Rajrupa Gupta. It was possibly the funniest one. But I personally have seen too many people attempting Ramayana, Mahabharata etc. in modern style narrative on blogs. And as some of you may have been already aware, I am a novelty seeker. So this type of modern narrative did not hold much attraction to me. But from Suresh's post, it is evident that this is also one of the popular humor styles. I called this style slapstick while Suresh has called Jayashree's post slap stick. I possibly need to properly look up the definition of slap stick. None of the other judges also rated this one as the top most entry possibly because in terms of effort this is the easiest.
Last but not the least, Seema Gopalan missed out closely. By no means is she the last. The third person narrative is again an excellent humor style in my opinion. And I could see flashes of brilliance. But I feel she lost out by mixing up humor in narrative and humor in dialogue.
So that concludes the seventh episode of Indifiction Workshop and it is up to the three new judges to keep the workshop afloat for the eight edition. Taking your leave,
Yours Truly
The Fool
Congrats to the winners...Hope you come with something other than humour this time.
ReplyDelete